Pandit Deendayal Energy University, located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, is one of the leading universities offering courses in Engineering, Management and Liberal Studies.
The School of Liberal Studies (SLS) at PDEU is one of the most sought-after Liberal Arts colleges in India. It offers 4 years programs at under graduation level, offering students the option to choose from a wide range of electives focussing on intellectual growth and skill development.
The course imparts classical education in various fields like art, literature, languages, music, dramatics, philosophy, politics, history, law, mathematics, science and general studies. It emphasizes on the need to seek knowledge for promoting intellectual growth, creative expression and rational though.
The SLS offers the following courses and specializations
- B.A. (Hons.)
Majors: English Literature · Mass Communication · Governance & Public Administration International Relations · Psychology · Economics
- B.B.A. (Hons.)
Majors: Marketing · HR · Finance
- B.Com. (Hons.)
Majors: Finance & Accounts · Banking & Insurance · Marketing Management · Entrepreneurship · International Trade
- B.Sc. (Hons.)
Majors: Physics · Chemistry · Mathematics
i) The student seeking admissions to:
1) B.A. (Hons.)/B.B.A. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from any discipline.
2) B.Com. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from Commerce stream or should have studied accounting and/or commerce related subjects in 12th standard.
3) B.Sc. (Hons.) should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
ii) Candidate must have passed any of the following qualifying examinations; with English as one of the subjects:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level with minimum passes of 2/3 subjects.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program with the minimum passes of 6 subjects (3HL and 3SL) with 24 points.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with minimum five subjects.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
Written Test and Personal Interview:
Merit for admissions will be based on the total marks obtained in the entrance exam. The candidate has to appear for all the three sections - Written Test: comprising of Aptitude test + creative writing, and Personal Interview to qualify for the Merit List.
The weightage distribution of various components is given below:
100 MCQs(90 minutes)
|Creative Essay (30 minutes)||
- There is no negative marking.
- The Candidates can write essay in English, Hindi or Gujarati; as well as in prose or in poetry.
- The candidates must bring all certificates of their achievements or co-curricular and sports at the time of the Interview.
- The candidates who have passed their 12th standard from any schools outside India but are Indian citizens/Indian passport holders are also required to appear for all components of the entrance exam.
Note: No exam was conducted in 2020 due to Covid 19
|Last date to fill form||TBA|
To know more about the institute or the entrance exam click here.